- 07-Jan-2013 to 08-Mar-2013 (MST)
- UT, USA
- Full Time
Who We Are
The SpinGo Event Platform is the optimal ecosystem for events in the digital age. It is comprised of a comprehensive and dynamic database of events, calendar applications rich with features, and an ever-expanding partner network. We work closely with closely with venues to obtain event information directly from the source, and to help them promote their events.
Who You Are
Our QA Software Tester will help maintain and enhance our dynamic database of events and calendar applications. Candidates should have a strong fundamental grasp of application development tools, testing procedures, and systems development life cycle processes. Candidate also should have fundamental experience as an analyst creating reports, working with data, and working with data warehouses. Candidates need to have knowledge of analytical applications, data warehousing, data models, report creation,
web server and Internet applications. We need a professional who can quickly become productive as part of a fast‐moving development team, building new modules and integrating interfaces to the existing multifaceted analytic application.
Design, develop and Lead Quality Assurance processes and methods to test software application and database releases and new client deployments. This involves putting structures in place to ensure that new functionality is correctly implemented, known bugs are fixed, and regression testing is performed.
- Develop and coordinate test plans, thereby ensuring plans are complete and will validate testing. Testing will be for both applications as well as for data‐drive reports and databases.
- Lead the software quality assurance function and perform final signoff as condition for production system release
- Provide post‐implementation support for all deliverables
- Develop relationship with internal operating groups and external customers
- Manage test environment for integration testing activities
- Manage testing software scripts
- Develop functional specifications and new customer report templates for technical analysis
- Effectively working with Business Analysts and Product Managers to meet deliverable deadlines for various projects
- Must have 2+ years of application testing experience, including application testing and/or report and data validation testing
- Extensive experience with functional test execution
- Extensive experience designing test cases
- Some experience writing queries to verify backend functionality
- Moderate knowledge of HTML, SQL, and/or PHP
- Some business analysis experience
- Knowledge of data models and relationships between data elements
- Experience writing data‐driven reports, working with data to create reportsCommunication Skill Requirements:
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken, to assist in client Help Desk requests
- Demonstrated ability presenting to small work groups on both technical and functional requirements
- Ability to thrive under production pressure and deadlines
- Strong conceptual and planning skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written), time management skills, fast learner, self‐ motivated, and comfortable taking initiative and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable in ambiguous environments and leading the team through problem solving exercises
- Team oriented with good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with coworkers and product management team
- Comfortable challenging peers in a healthy, constructive wayOther:
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable when dealing with change
- Ability to allocate time efficiently; handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical ability
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a teamEmployee Benefits
Compensation: $40K-$55K per year
If hired, you will have a flexible full-time work schedule and be able to work anywhere where you have a fast internet connection. This position will include health, dental and vision benefits as well as 7 paid holidays and 17 days paid time off. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide examples of relevant work experience. SpinGo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered for the position.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!